100M / 100K / Marathon / Half / 10K
February 10 – 11 / 2024
Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport (RUT)
ABOUT THE RACE
The first-ever event produced by the SPARTAN Founders! The Snowdevil Ultra Snowshoe race is an epic 6.5-mile looped course on the property of Joe De Sena and host of CNBC’s No Retreat.
The trails at Riverside Farm will guide participants through narrow, technical terrain with incredible views of the Green Mountains by the famous Shreks Cabin. Do not underestimate this as just another snowshoe event, participants will be tested multiple times on a thousand-foot, three-mile climb that ends through a dense, dark spruce forest aptly called the Labyrinth.
The loop totals approximately 6.5 miles with about 1500 feet of elevation change.
Visit www.gmtrails.org to view a map of the trails.
Event’s frequently asked questions and important information.
February 10, 2024
- 100 Miler: 6:00 AM (Packet Pickup 5:30 AM)
- 100K: 12:00 PM (Packet Pickup 11:30 AM)
February 11, 2024
- Marathon: 8:00 AM (Packet Pickup 6:30 to 7:15 AM)
- Half Marathon: 8:00 AM (Packet Pickup 6:30 to 7:45 AM)
- 10K: 8:00 AM (Packet Pickup 6:30 to 8:15 AM)
**The last lap for all distances must be started by 1:00 pm, with the course closing at 4 pm sharp. This is for the safety of racers, staff, and volunteers.
- Comfortable Winter Jacket
- Backup Breathable Light Jacket
- Comfortable Winter Pants
- Winter Gloves
- Waterproof Gaiters
- Long John (Top & Bottom)
- Insulated Camp Booties
- Multitool to make adjustments or/repair bindings
- Trekking Poles
- Headlamp + Spare
- Sunscreen (SPF 15+)
- Lip balm (SPF 15+)
**RECOMMENDED ITEMS TO HAVE THE BEST EVENT EXPERIENCE
- Respect: All Participants, Staff, Guests, and the Riverside Trail Systems with respect
- Final Discretion: The race director shall have the final discretion in determining the race distance and course layout.
- Are snowshoes required? Snow Shoes are required unless there are less than 4 inches of snow and will be communicated by the race director via email leading up to the event.
- Headlamps are required! All participants must bring a headlamp. Tree cover makes the trails become dark before sunset. Please bring a headlamp to ensure you are safe out on the course.
- Removal From Event: A participant must retire from the competition immediately if ordered to do so by a member of the medical staff, any certified and recognized course official, and/or the race director.
- Going Slower than others? Step aside and let runners pass if they move faster than you. Encourage each other; we’re all in this together!
- No cutting the course at all! Participants and Course Marshals will report all infractions to the Race Director for review and determine disqualification status.
- Snowshoe Requirements:
- Snowshoes may be commercial or prototype models. Snowshoes may be modified but must respect the following minimum measurements:
- Length: 53.34 cm (21 inches)
- Width: 17.78 cm (7 inches)
- The snowshoe requires at least 4 crampons.
- Direct mounting of shoes to snowshoes is permitted.
- The last lap for all distances must be started by 1:00 pm, with the course closing at 4 pm sharp. This is for the safety of racers, staff, and volunteers.
- No Dogs Allowed on Riverside Farm properties or the Riverside Trail System
- Have Fun, Go Beyond Your Limits!
We will have a tent set up and a cracking fire at base camp (start/finish line). You can leave bags with food, clothes, and other necessities there. Friends, family, and crew are welcome to stay at base camp to cheer you on (as long as they help us keep the fire going!)
Vermont weather in February can be unpredictable. Expect deep snow conditions and cold temperature AND/OR snow-slush and sunshine/rain. Please watch the weather leading up to the race and plan accordingly.
The event is taking place at Riverside Farm. There will be Event Parking signs and a designated parking area. Please park in designated areas ONLY! We can not guarantee the safety of your car unless it is in our designated parking area!
ALL Racers earn a Finishers Tshirt & Finishers Medal!
The top male and female in each distance will receive an additional award!